[messages] [Module Design] Re: Modifying the Number of Dice Rolled

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 30 08:37:48 MST 2012

"Extralean" wrote:
> Is there a way I can use only one die icon to roll the number of dice
> I want instead of creating a die icon for each possibility? For
> instance, if I want to roll 2 six sided dice instead of 1 six sided
> die but the die icon asks me for the number of dice I want to roll?

Sure - instead of the Die Icon being the actual Die it self, change it
to be a Toolbar GKC that relays to an invisible At Start Stack Piece.
When activated, the Invisible piece will run a trigger that prompts the
user for the number of dice they want to roll. The value is stored in a
DP, then depending on the value of the DP another trigger executes the
relevant GHK to roll the right set of defined dice.

This method means that all the different possible Die entries will have
to be addded and they will be hidden from the tool bar but you can have
the results pop up when rolled in their own result window if you want to
portray things graphically