[messages] Edit: [Module Design] Re: global key command in player hand

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 06:50:07 MST 2012

[This message has been edited.]

"JustaBill" wrote:

> "Tim M" wrote:
> > If you want to draw a player handcard from the main board using a
> > button GKC in the player hand you must specify the correct property
> > so that the GKC knows where to look otherwise it will only work in
> > its current map (which in this case is the player hand)
> >
> > So what you will need is something like (replace the variables after
> > "=" to match your terminology)
> >
> > CurrentMap = NameOfYourMapWithDeck && DeckName = NameOfYourDeck
>
> Whoa ... are you saying that the matching expression has an implicit
> "CurrentMap = thisMap" constraint, but the parser looks to see if you
> include your own "CurrentMap =" clause and then overrides the implicit
> constraint?  That sounds like a highly irregular way to apply
> conditions.
>
> If I'm reading you correctly, you are saying "Type = X && CurrentMap =
> MyMap" matches all X-components on MyMap, but "Type = X" by itself
> matches all X-components on the _current_ map.  I think most of us
> would expect the latter to match X-components on _all_ maps due to the
> obvious lack of any CurrentMap condition.
>
> Am I getting this wrong?

Nope, you are reading it correctly as it applies to Global Key Command
piece traits. A Global Key Command elsewhere in the module tree also
default limits it's search to the the "container" it resides in (i.e a
toolbar GKC at Map level will search only within that Map unless you
specifically tell it differently , whereas a toolbar GKC at the Module
level will search everywhere because it does not belong to any Map /
Zone etc..).