[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal not launching

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Jan 31 19:16:55 MST 2012

Thus spake ronljacobsen:
> Yeah, that sounds fine.  Thanks.

Try installing this build:

http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/VASSAL-3.1.19-svn8026-windows.exe

Go to the directory where you installed it:

  cd C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.1.19-svn8026

(I'm not sure if this wil be the exact directory name, just have a look
to verify that it is.)

Then, from that directory:

  java -cp lib/Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager

A series of numbers should be printed in your terminal. These are line
numbers in ModuleManager.java, one of our source files. We'll be able to
use these to see how far execution gets when you try running the
diagnostic build.