[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Vassal not launching

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Jan 31 22:18:25 MST 2012

Thus spake ronljacobsen:
> Output is identical to previous except:
>
> After 144, the next line is
> \\SERVER3\RedirectedFolders\ronjacobsen\VASSAL\lock

This points to your problem. Java thinks something still has a lock
on this file.

> And three lines after that "java:155" has changed to "java:156"
>
> I don't know what SERVER3 and RedirectedFolders are, but if you replace
> those words wiht C:\Users then it would be the same folder that you had
> me delete "lock" and "key" from before.

\\SERVER3\RedirectedFolders\ronjacobsen\VASSAL\lock is a path. It's not
the path I was expecting. Do you have some kind of setup where your home
directory is on a file server when you're on a particular network, and
local when you're not?