[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Do Translations actually work?

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 10:34:29 MST 2012

I've completed a German translation of one of my modules. Using my
original module as a starting point, I followed the documentation's
instructions for adding a translation and then inserted all the modified
text for piece names, menu prompts, messages, etc.

Then I sent the module to the German user who requested it, and he
reports that all of the menu items and messages are still displaying in
English. When trying it on my own PC (Windows 7), I've been informed
that I don't need to change the locale of my operating system, but
simply change the Language in VASSAL's preferences. Having done that, I
still don't see any of the German text displaying.

Is there something I'm missing, or is there so little use of this
feature that we don't know if it actually works properly? I can supply a
link to the module if anyone (particularly a German user) wants to take
a gander.