[messages] [General Discussion] Trolls

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Jul 9 13:23:27 MST 2012

Thus spake Nebo:
> I'm part of the Warmachine and Hordes module community, which has been
> growing fairly large recently. We've begun having problems with
> trolling, with one user in particular. The only recourse seems to be
> locking rooms, which ruins things for people who just want to watch
> games. Is there any way to have a user banned by IP?

No, sorry, there's no way to do that at present.

Baning by IP is too imprecise a tool---it's very likely that the person
you're having a problem with is connecting via a dynamic IP, so banning
his previous IP would do you little good.

We're considering what to do about this problem for VASSAL 4. What
exactly is the person you're having a problem with doing?