[messages] [General Discussion] setup own server

Filip ari0ch at wp.pl
Tue Jul 10 09:05:52 MST 2012

Say I want (or rather _need_) to setup my custom server. I know next to
nothing about programming, but I already managed to hack Vassal a bit
for my gaming group's purposes via trial and error.

I have source files in front of me and I read here those include server
code. I located server URL in VASSAL.chat.DynamicClient. And I'm stuck.

What general steps should I take from this point?

Am I right that it's necesary to compile a separate application and run
it before others will be able to connect with the modified client? Would
it be possible to run it on the same machine as my own instance of
Vassal and still play?