[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] Text Label in At-Start Stack and impossible selection

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Wed Jul 11 08:36:32 MST 2012

[This message has been edited.]

Well, I just made a quick test and I, for one, can confirm 100% what you
say!

I found that it only works if you define an image on the piece.
Otherwise, if you leave it undefined/invisible then even the delete
trait will disappear (but only when the change label command is
defined), just as you say.

I tried with both 3.1.18 and 3.2.0 beta 1 (with the latter I even tried
changing from a combo key (was using CTRL-A) to a named command on the
change label, but no difference).

To work around this bug I suggest you create an invisìble gif of
roughly the same size in pixels as what you expect the text label to be.

As a side note - but this might be a known bug not yet fixed even in
3.2.0 beta 1 - when you define an image, then remove it again.. you are
then stuck with the impossibility of defining it yet again. The image
previously used shows in the pull down menu choice (indeed it's there in
the Images folder in the module), but selecting it makes no difference:
the image remains undefined (=invisible piece). I think you need at
least 2 images in the folder so to actually change the default showing
in the basic piece trait or it cannot be assigned an image ever again.
You need to remake the piece from scratch.