[messages] [Module Design] Text Label in At-Start Stack and impossible selection

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Jul 20 07:14:18 MST 2012

Thus spake barbanera:
> Right, reported both bugs: 4599 and 4600.
>
> Incidentally, since I read that Vassal 4 is going to be so much
> different and everything.. can you clarify if it will build on 3.2.x to
> add/fix stuff - with all major changes being under the hood - or should
> we expect a complete new product?

There will be a module converter for V4.

> I suppose it is the former, but I was wondering if it was the latter ..
> and hence my reluctance in filing bug reports (if the present engine is
> at the end of the line).

I definitely want to fix any bugs which are new in 3.2. I'm planning to
circle back soon (maybe next week?) to take care of the ones for which
we have reports, before releasing 3.2.0-beta2. I don't intend to work on
bugs which predate 3.2 myself from here on. That doesn't mean nobody
else will and I'm still perfeclty happy to have patches for old bugs, as
I suspect that the 3.2 series will be in use for some time before V4 is
ready.

So, please do continue reporting bugs.