[messages] [General Discussion] Trolls

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sun Jul 22 10:23:06 MST 2012

Thus spake Obeisance:
> And now this idiot is going around using the names of other people and
> acting like a tool.
>
> This would be so much easier if you just gave Hobo control over such
> things.
>
> It's annoying that you guys will not to do anything about it.

We can't simply wave our magic wand to have a better room-locking
solution. Somoene would have to design it, write the code for it, and
test it, taking care that it doesn't break existing clients. If you'd
like to do that, please submit a patch.

If there's still a problem when I get home, I'll block that IP address,
but it's not something I consider to be a good solution.