[messages] [Module General Discussion] Two small problems with Arkham Horror 1.7.1

Reckall reckall at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:17:06 MST 2012

Since I'm bedded for a while, I downloaded the AH VASSAL module along
with the two expansions I own (Dunwich and Revised Black Pharaoh).

I'll say straight away that I _never_ expected to be able to play (solo)
this game on VASSAL on a 1366x768 laptop screen. Instead, I'm three
games in. Well done!

The two nuisances:

1. It doesn't matter how many Investigators I have in play (I choose
"solo" at the beginning and then from 1 to 4 Investigators) the "Phase"
dialog (which I do use) always tracks eight players. This makes for an
annoying "click click click click..." when, for example, I have 2 or 3
investigators but I have to click through 8 players before accessing the
next Phase. Is this avoidable?

2. It is more a curiosity than a problem, but the blank "table" area on
the right of the "Spawn cup/AO cards" is an "unstable zone": cards do
not flip correctly, tokens move by themselves and so on. It happens only
there. Quite funny.

Thanks again for a job well done!