[messages] [Module Design] BasicName and PieceName in Auto-Report Movements

MKerby mckerbyariz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:24:07 MST 2012

So I guess I need some help in understanding what this means:

_The following Properties are defined in a Basic Piece:

    BasicName returns the name of Basic Piece trait, as specified in the
properties
    PieceName returns the full name of the piece,__ including all
traits___

and here's why --

I have named levels in a layer and I did not establish them as a prefix
or a suffix.  So when the auto-report for moves generates the PieceName
all I see is the <layer>_Name.  So I thought I would fix it by changing
$PieceName$ to $BasicName$ in the auto-report field.  That worked for a
little while until I made some other changes and now the report
generates a blank name.  I know I can change the _<layer>_Name_
attribute to suffix and $PieceName$ will report as
BasicName.<layer>_Name, but that isn't what I really wanted.

So here are my questions:
Why won't _BasicName_ populate into a movement report?
What does _ PieceName returns the full name of the piece,__ including
all traits___ mean if it only reports an active level name?  Where are
all the other traits?
Is there any other solution besides changing all my many level names to
suffixes?