[messages] Edit: Re: [General Discussion] email playing

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 12:23:28 MST 2012

[This message has been edited.]

Yikes, I made an error in my post--a logfile is a .vlog file, not a
.vsav--sorry about that. It's now too late to edit that.

I guess I'm not following you. You said you sent yourself an email with
an attachment, but then said the logfile is not there. The general
procedure should be this:

1. Create a logfile (ends in .vlog) for your move. Save this file to
your computer in a known location.
2. Email your opponent and attach the .vlog file you created.
3. He receives the email and saves the attachment to a known location.
4. He launches VASSAL, opens the M'44 module, and loads this logfile to
play it back.

Perhaps he has an overly aggressive email filter on his end that is
stripping off the attachment?