[messages] [Module Design] Grid based damage markers

NuclearWombat sirdude28 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 12:59:29 MST 2012

So I'm very new to Vassal and I'm trying to get a Vassal mod for a
homebrew space combat game I've been working on.  The biggest problem is
finding an elegant way to get damage markers to appear on the ship
models.  The game uses models that are 5x5, 5x10, and 5x15 grids for
various sized ships.  And when those ships get damaged you put a / or X
on that ship grid.  So I'm trying to find a way to get these models so
that if you click on the grid, it toggles between blank, /, and X.  And
I need these markers to follow the model around and rotate with it.  The
closest thing I've seen so far to this was in a mod for Warmachines
tracking Warjack damage, but if I was to do this exactly as they did,
I'd be making 300 different jpegs with / and X's in different locations.
 I'd prefer to avoid that if possible.  So anyone have suggestions on
how this might be done?