[messages] [Module Design] How to determine the number of players ?

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Mon Nov 12 08:14:59 MST 2012

> My suggestion was to have players at start up click on some "check-in"
> button to update the number of players.

     This is what I do. I call it player initialization. When players
log in, they click a button of some type. This can be used to create a
set of variables for a player, if necessary, but, most importantly, you
can have this click increment a Global Property of some kind like
PlayerCount. You can then use that in cases where you need to deal with
the specific number of people in the game.