[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] LOS Thread as a ruler

jacar jacar at johnshouse.org
Wed Nov 14 11:36:12 MST 2012

Hi all,

I am using the LOS thread as a ruler.  The game mod is a miniatures
game.  So the board is a graphic without any defined grid.  Everything
works ok WRT movement.  I setup the LOS thread with a scale of 20.  My
game scale is 1px = 2mm so a thread scale of 20 yields units of 1 CM.
At 100% zoom, the thread works as designed.  When you zoom out, the
thread start point shifts to one side as yuo try to activate a unit.
When you zoom in, the thread start point shifts to the other side when
you try to activate a unit.  In all cases, the thread endpoint seems to
stay where I marked it.  So somehow, VASSAL is not translating the start
point of the thread correctly on any zoom level except 100%.

Not sure if this is a bug or if there is something I am missing.

I am running on Ubuntu 11.04 and using the built in Java (1.6 I think).

Thanks for the help in advance,

John