[messages] [General Discussion] vassal for android?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Nov 20 04:59:03 MST 2012

Thus spake teila:
> I would also offer up my TF300 as a tester if you still needed more
> testers.

I'm happy to hear that we'll have people willing to test builds of
VASSAL 4 on tablets.

Our probelm is not a lack of testers, however. So far as I know, none of
the developers has a tablet. It's extremely hard to develop for a
platform to which you don't have immediate access, as that means you
can't even check whether the binaries you're building run, let alone run
properly. I imagine that I'll look into building binaries for Android
early in 2013, at which point I'll need at least one tablet to test
against. If someone has a tablet they'd like to dontate, that would be
most welcome.