[messages] [Developers] Cleaning out the tiles directory

mroyer mroyer1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 21 03:23:25 MST 2012

So, three of us use the module regularly for testing.  I have a fairly
powerful laptop with 2 GB ram (not sure about video memory), but the
other two have pretty typical, older vintage laptops. Two of us use two
monitors and the other just the built-in laptop monitor.

I have been quite surprised at how well VASSAL 3.2 and tiling has held
up, even when all six maps are loaded into a scenario, which we do quite
often.  The biggest, obvious impact is if we zoom or scroll far and wide
a lot, we start to get occasional "white-outs" of the map that last a
few seconds before tiles are repainted. On rare occasion a white out
might last 10 to 15 seconds.  But it really hasn't been more than a very
mild annoyance.