[messages] [General Discussion] vassal for android?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Nov 27 13:40:09 MST 2012

Thus spake mkitchin:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to VASSAL but love and have played a number of the games VASSAL
> supports, and I'm also a Java desktop/Android developer, and I have an
> N7 and a couple of G2's at my disposal.
>
> If it's of value, I wouldn't mind pulling your latest source tree and
> poke around.

The V4 demo repo is here:

git://vassalengine.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/vassalengine/vassal4-demo

Please don't interpret this code as anything other than a prototype
in progress. There are lots of things which are problematic about it
which I would not accept in a project which was not a demo.

If you're willing, it would be useful, first of all, to know what we
need to do to build for Android, preferably with a Linux-hosted cross-
compiler.