[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] DeckPosition does not seem to work Vassal 3.2.0-beta4

nemo062 nemo062 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:08:04 MST 2012

Hi to all (first post)

I dont' know if this is the correct place to report this, but I can't
make the Property DeckPosition work.

Let's say I have a deck of five cards sharing the trait Delete (command
CTRL+D) and no options for shuffling the deck (so the cards have defined
positions).
If I insert DeckPosition in Matching Properties for a Global Key Command
(CTRL+D, Whitin a deck apply to All pieces), this is what happens when I
activate the Global Command according to the value I use:

DeckPosition = 0 (or 1 or 2): Nothing happens. I can get why with 0
(there are no pieces that return that value), but what's with 1 and 2?
Shouldn't I expect to have the cards in position 1 or 2 deleted?
DeckPosition = 3 : the Global Command seems to Delete all cards except
the one in position 1 (top of the deck) instead just the one in position
3.
DeckPosition = 4 : the Global Command seems to Delete all cards except
the ones in position 1 and 2
DeckPosition = 5 : the Global Command seems to Delete all cards except
the ones in position 1, 2 and 3.

Am I doing something incorrectly?