[messages] [Module Design] Mouse over stack viewer and 'discard' deck

rodwell lbushby at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:28:58 MST 2012

Hi,

In the module I am working on (Vassal 3.1.20) I have two decks.

Deck 1 represents the player's deck of cards and has the following
properties:
* Contents are Face-down: Always
* Draw new cards face up? : UNticked

Deck 2 represents the player's discard pile and has the following
properties:
* Contents are Face-down: Never
* Draw new cards face up? : ticked

My map window has a mouse-over stack viewer with the following
properties:
* Include top piece in Deck? : ticked

I have added a single card to Deck 1 with a mask trait that uses the
'Use image' style with the same image specified twice.

My problem: if I drag the card directly from Deck 1 to Deck 2 then hover
the mouse over Deck 2, the image that is displayed is that of the Mask,
not the basic piece, even though the piece is face up.

I have also observed that:
* if I drag the card to the map window background (where it remains face
down), use the mask command to flip it, then drag it to Deck 2 the mouse
over stack viewer correctly displays the basic piece image
* similarly, if I Drag and Drop from Deck 1 to Deck 2, from Deck 2 to
the map window then back to Deck 2 the mouse over stack viewer again
correctly displays the basic piece image

So the problem seems to be dragging and dropping directly from Deck 1 to
Deck 2.  Is this a bug or is there perhaps some setting I have missed
that can modify this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and in case it's helpful I've
uploaded a tiny testbed module that demonstrated my problem.