[messages] Edit: Re: [General Discussion] VASSAL 3.1.19 Released

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sun Sep 2 07:31:28 MST 2012

[This message has been edited.]

[size=200][b]VASSAL 3.1.19 released[/b][/size]

The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.1.19, which
fixes several problems found in earlier versions.

[size=150][b]Download[/b][/size]

[url=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vassalengine/VASSAL-3.1.19-linux.tar.bz2]Linux[/url]
[url=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vassalengine/VASSAL-3.1.19-macosx.dmg]Mac
OS X[/url]
[url=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vassalengine/VASSAL-3.1.19-windows.exe]Windows[/url]
[url=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vassalengine/VASSAL-3.1.19-other.zip]Other[/url]
[url=http://downloads.sourceforge.net/vassalengine/VASSAL-3.1.19-src.zip]Source
code[/url]

[size=150][b]Changes since 3.1.0[/b][/size]

Changes in 3.1.19:

* Windows installer now suggests JRE 1.6.0_32 for Java upgrades.

The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.19:

* 4363: When retiring, cancelling side selection leaves side == null
* 4259: When retiring, 'Become observer' fails to update other players'
rosters
* 4258: Large image masks in Non-Rectangular trait lock up the GUI
* 4204: Java 7 has incorrect offset for drag images
* 4184: Should use DocumentListener to catch updates on Swing text
fields
* 4132: Bad layout for Map window obscures Global Key Command buttons
* 3075: NegativeArraySizeException when snapshotting large maps
* 1924: Put settings directory in system-appropriate location
* Bad tile-counting when snapshotting maps

Changes in 3.1.18:

* Windows installer now suggests JRE 1.6.0_30 for Java upgrades.

The following bugs are fixed in 3.1.18:

* 4126: PieceMover.dragDropEnd() does not remove
DragSourceMotionListener
* 4106: Send to Location to a counter using a Property Expression not
working
* 3457: Corrupt JPEG causes ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
* 2815: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in Stack.insertPieceAt()
* 2798: ConcurrentModificationException in PrefsEditor.save()
* 2715: NPE in Map.setup()

For changes prior to 3.1.18, see the change log. For feature changes
from 3.0 to 3.1, see the release notes for 3.1.0.

VASSAL has a new User's Guide! You can view the User's Guide by
selecting "User's Guide" from the Help menu in any of VASSAL's
components.

The recommended minimum Java version for VASSAL 3.1 has changed. A bug
in versions of Java prior to 1.5.0_08 (a.k.a. Java 5 Update 8) prevents
some images from loading properly. We now recommend that anyone using a
version of Java older than 1.5.0_08 upgrade to [i]at least[/i] 1.5.0_08.

Furthermore, we recommend that Windows users in particular upgrade to at
least Java 1.6.0_21 (a.k.a. Java 6 Update 21), in order to avoid bugs
present in earlier versions of Java. Windows users installing VASSAL
3.1.19 with the Windows installer will be prompted to update Java if
what they have is older than 1.6.0_32. After upgrading Java on Windows,
you must restart your computer in order for Java programs to work
properly.

Please report all bugs, even if they are bugs which you've already
reported against other versions. We take your bug reports very
seriously---they're the reason we're able to find and fix bugs.

[size=18][b]Help us test[/b][/size]

Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we
can
fix them for the next release of VASSAL.

Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the
[url=http://vassalengine.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=3]VASSAL
forums[/url] or by email to [email]uckelman at nomic.net[/email].

Cheers,

The VASSAL Team