[messages] [General Discussion] setup own server

Filip ari0ch at wp.pl
Tue Sep 4 08:27:35 MST 2012

Ok, I tried to test it. Here's what I did today, step by step:

- Opened my port.
- Created getServerImpl file, setting nodeHost to my IP.
- Uploaded the file to a free hosting site to test things out. It was
then possible to directly view the config file from a browser (just like
the one at www.vassalengine.org/util/getServerImpl[1]).
- Changed urls in VASSAL.chat.DynamicClient and VASSAL.chat.node.Server
as appropriate.
- Recompiled.
- Run Vassal and tried connecting to a server.

Vassal hangs when trying to connect, without giving any errors.

Should it work? What am I doing wrong?

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/util/getServerImpl