[messages] [Feature Requests] Side specific layers (language choice!)

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Wed Sep 5 05:40:12 MST 2012

"Brent Easton" wrote:
> GetProperty had a bug that should be fixed in the next build.
>
> In terms of the original issue, it is basically adding a translation
> facility for images. This is a request that has been around for a long
> time:-
> Bug 1895 - Expand module translation mechanism to include images
>
> It would be better to handle this as a translation issue than having
> every person roll their own. It is something I have been meaning to
> get back to.

I tried with the latest 3.2.0 build (8313) and, _thanks to the fixed
GetPropert_y, I am happy to announce that something like
__$playerSide$_language__ works pretty well now!

In other words: different sides in a network game (e.g. RED and BLUE)
__can__ have images showing in their preferred language, independent of
each other. The solution is simply the one mentioned in the OP, but I
can write it down again and post a demo module if anybody is interested.