[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] No Retreat - Problem with Cards

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Thu Sep 6 15:59:35 MST 2012

Ok, I have reproduced the problem. It looks like if your language is set
differently to the person who saved the game, then you load the module
automatically as a side that is neither Observer, nor either of the
defined sides. Notice how when you load the game, it does not ask you
for which side you want to take like it should, it just loads straight
up. Also, you will notice that there is no Retire option, the Player
Sides have been completely lost.

It does not seem to happen with all modules. I confirmed the bug occurs
with NR-Russian Front and A Victory Denied, but could not reproduces it
with Panzerblitz.

I have opened

Bug 4764 - Losing Player Sides when opening module with different
language set.

and will look into it. Your workaround is to ensure both players use the
same language setting.

Regards,
Brent,