[messages] [General Discussion] setup own server

Filip ari0ch at wp.pl
Sat Sep 8 04:21:14 MST 2012

Thanks. I'm making some progress. I managed to start a test server. A
friend was able to connect and his connection was logged.

However, when trying to run Vassal and connect from the same machine, it
still hangs. Module library window works fine, but module controls
window grays out and freezes. The server doesn't even log my connection
attempt. I tried running the server process on my other computer and
connect from my main machine - but it's the same. Both use Ubuntu Linux
and have the same IP.

You said earlier that it should be possible to play from the same
machine - what might be the problem here?