[messages] [General Discussion] setup own server

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Sep 8 06:42:29 MST 2012

Thus spake Filip:
> Yes.
>
> My friend was able to connect from different IP. I'm trying to connect
> from the machine with the same IP address.

I've never tried running the game server on the same machine as the one
from which I'm running the client. I can't think of any reason inherent
to the game server code that would prevent it from working, but the game
server code is a buggy mess, so there might be some reason it fails of
which I'm unaware.

If you friend can connect, then obviously you're not having a problem
with port 5050 accepting incoming connections, so at least you can
rule that out.