[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] VASSAL only works with some window managers

crispycritter tcrispin at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 16:00:20 MST 2012

It gets more strange.  On my office machine, the same failing window
manager at home (built from identical source) works fine with VASSAL, as
does the GNOME window manager that's standard in Scientific Linux 6.

The JAVA version is older, however, and I may try to install the older
version at home to see what happens.  Also will run strace and hope for
enlightenment, but based on strace at the office there isn't anything
weird.

VASSAL in the only JAVA app I've obvious access to.  Suggestions for
other apps for comparison are welcome.

Thanks