[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Dynamic Property fails to change first time, succeeds second

reddeblu twilightshadow0 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:57:30 MST 2012

When I set off a string of commands to set, and then reset a Dynamic
Property on a piece, starting from a turn activated gkc, the key to
reset the Dynamic Property will trigger, but the reset itself will fail.
However when I UNDO the entire process and try again it succeeds, or If
I simply start the process a second time it succeeds. This odd behavior
doesn't seem to happen if the entire process is triggered any other way
outside of a gkc activated by a turn change.

It appears to be an odd and very situational bug, I've attached the
module so it may be looked at.

Replicating the problem in the module:
Choose any side.
Take a Crawler piece and place it anywhere on the board, it should turn
invisible.
Take a Nurser piece and place it near by (preferably next to) the
Crawler piece.
THEN
Turn the turn counter once, and nothing will happen (the Crawler piece
should have become visible).
Turn the turn counter again, and the Crawler will become visible.
OR
Turn the turn counter once, and nothing will happen (the Crawler piece
should have become visible).
Then UNDO twice, and turn the counter once, the Crawler becomes visible.

It should have became visible the first time, without the need to turn
the counter a second time, or the need to undo the first attempt and
redo it. In my debugging I've found the keys that fire off to make the
whole thing work are in fact firing, but the Dynamic Property fails to
acknowledge the first attempted time for reasons unknown.