[messages] Edit: Re: [General Discussion] VASSAL 3.2.0-beta1 released
uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Sep 15 04:36:00 MST 2012
[This message has been edited.]
[size=200][b]VASSAL 3.2.0-beta1 released[/b][/size]
The VASSAL Team is happy to announce the release of VASSAL 3.2.0-beta1.
[size=150][b]New Features in 3.2[/b][/size]
* Levels within a Layer can be moved up or down the level list using
buttons. [RFE 1919]
* Mass Piece Loader activated by 'Add Multiple Pieces' and 'Add Multiple
Cards' options in right-click menu in Editor. Specify a folder of
images, specify a counter template and Vassal will automatically load
the images and generate units. [RFE 1927]
* Description field added to Toolbar Menu and Multi-Action button
components. [RFE 1885]
* Specify Keystrokes by name - Key Commands can be entered as single Key
Strokes as in earlier versions of Vassal, or can be given a 2 or more
character names. Named Key Strokes are essentially 'invisible' to users.
Vassal guarantees that a unique real keyStroke will be allocated to each
uniquely named Keystroke. [RFE 1928]
* Decks can specify by Property Expression which pieces are allowed to
be dropped onto them. Pieces which may not be added are returned to
where the drag started. [RFE 1935]
* Decks can now specify a Hotkey for the Reverse and FaceUp/Down command
and can customize the Reverse and Re-shuffle menu command names. [RFE
* Counters now support the DeckPosition property. If a piece is not in a
Deck, 0 is returned. If a piece is in a Deck, then the position of the
piece relative to the top of the Deck is returned. The top piece returns
1, the next piece down returns 2 etc. [RFE 1937]
* Support for MP3 sound files. [RFE 1934]
* Fix Display/Color handling for Grids and Numberings. Allow Numbering
to be visible when grid not visible in Zones. [RFE 1917]
* Implementation of BeanShell allowing arbitrarily complex Java
expressions to be used in Property Match Expressions, In-line Java
expressions and new Calculated Property trait. [RFE 1801]
* Display the Log File Comments in the Chat Window when a log file is
opened or continued. [RFE 1939]
* Global Key Commands created on a Map now have an option to affect
counters on all Maps, not just the Map they are created on. [RFE 1902]
* Traits that move a counter (Send To Location, Return to Deck, Moved
Fixed Distance, Pivot) now update the same location Oldxxxxxx properties
that Drag and Drop movement does. [RFE 1792]
* Added repeat (loop) option to Trigger Action and Multi-action button.
* Ensure all commands generated by a single user action are undone by a
single click of the undo action. [RFE 2816016]
* Option to allow non-owning players to move Restricted Access pieces.
* Add 'Snap to Grid?' option to HexGrid and SquareGrid, defaulting to
Yes. Allows Grid Snapping to be turned off for the whole grid. [RFE
* Streamlined room creation: automatic synchronization on room entry
* New scenario updater [RFE 1899]
* Allow Dynamic Property Select Value list to be dynamic [RFE 1926]
* All scaling is now high-quality. Low-quality scaling (in hardware)
caused too many graphics glitches on Windows.
* The Invisible trait now supports adjustable transparency.
* Map images are tiled the first time modules are loaded, to create an
image cache. This should dramatically reduce the amount of memory needed
to run modules.
The following bugs are fixed in 3.2.0-beta1:
* 3040: ClassCastException in CommandServer.run()
* 2694: Warn (Windows) users to reboot after Java upgrade
* 2671: BMPs are incompatible with memory-mapped images
* 2556: ImageOp does not support paths
For changes prior to 3.2.0-beta1, see the change log.
Please report all bugs in 3.2.0-beta1, even if they are bugs which
you've already reported against other betas. We take your bug reports
seriously---they're the reason we've been able to fix so many bugs.
VASSAL 3.2 requires the Java Runtime Envrionment to run.
Linux: Java 6 is required for using VASSAL on Linux.
MacOS X: The recommended minimum Java version for using VASSAL on MacOS
X is 1.5.0_08 (a.k.a. Java 5 Update 8) for Macs where Java 6 is
unavailable, and Java 6 for Macs where Java 6 is available.
Windows: The recommended minimum Java version for Windows is 1.6.0_21
(a.k.a. Java 6 Update 21). Windows users installing VASSAL with the
Windows installer will be prompted to update Java if what they have is
older than 1.6.0_32. After upgrading Java on Windows, you must restart
your computer in order for Java programs to work properly.
[size=159][b]Help us test[/b][/size]
Should you find any problems/oddities/bugs, please tell us so that we
fix them for the next release of VASSAL.
Report bugs here in the Technical Support & Bugs category at the
forums[/url] or by email to [email]uckelman at nomic.net[/email].
The VASSAL Team
Read this topic online here:
More information about the messages