[messages] [Feature Requests] Place Marker - Match Current State

reddeblu twilightshadow0 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:18:34 MST 2012

Currently there is a Match Current State option in the Replace with
Other trait, which is a very nice option. But in those situations where
you want multiple pieces to replace a single piece, you could use the
Place Marker trait to first place any extra pieces and then top it off
with the Replace with Other trait. However the Place Marker trait
doesn't have the Match Current State option like the other trait, making
it a tad more difficult to get all pieces to match the state of the
replaced piece. Both traits are very similar and it would seem like a
simple and good idea to give the Place Marker trait the same Match
Current State option as the Replace with Other trait.

An example is the module I'm currently working on, I have pieces that
may or may not be invisible at any given time. These pieces also spawn
other pieces on top of them, which need to match the current visibility
state of the piece they appeared on. As one of these pieces spawn
multiple ones at a time, all of them have to match the current
visibility state. A Match Current State option for Place Marker would
make this as easy as pie.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'd have to do. I figure perhaps I could
use a restricted gkc on the last piece that is spawned by the Replace
with Other trait, along with the invisible property to see if the
previous pieces should or should not be visible based on the last pieces
state. Granted that wouldn't be too difficult, but considering how very
similar the two traits are I can't see why they don't share that Match
Current State option.

Place Marker actually currently has a Match Rotation option, but to my
understanding the Match Current State option also has that function
built in to it. Was there a reason the Place Marker trait was only given
the option to match rotation only?