[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Moving pieces onto map and triggers

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Wed Sep 19 10:12:24 MST 2012

"JoelCFC25" wrote:
> Unfortunately the method of using a variable to store the name of the
> previous map and checking against that doesn't work.

Of the previous __map__? My suggestion was to store the __name__ of the
previous SMC itself, assuming they have an unique _BasicName_. If the
latter is not the case then store their _PieceId_ but careful that won't
work if they came from the same game piece palette slot. In that case
you gotta make sure they get an unique id (use a Dynamic Property called
ID or something) when drawn from the palette (use a global property to
keep track of all SMCs drawn). Moreover, you should also store the
__direction__ (increase or decrease) requested by the previous SMC.

"JoelCFC25" wrote:
>  Somehow the GKC sent to the VP marker that tells it to
> increment/decrement the VP Global Property is *only sometimes*
> occurring more than once. I'm stumped.

Do you mean you are sure it's the GCK itself misteriously duplicating
himself while the trigger invoked to run it is only firing once? If so,
I don't know how to fix this.