[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Moving pieces onto map and triggers

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 10:56:11 MST 2012

> My suggestion was to store the name of the previous SMC itself,
> assuming they have an unique BasicName. If the latter is not the case
> then store their PieceId but careful that won't work if they came from
> the same game piece palette slot. In that case you gotta make sure
> they get an unique id (use a Dynamic Property called ID or something)
> when drawn from the palette (use a global property to keep track of
> all SMCs drawn). Moreover, you should also store the direction
> (increase or decrease) requested by the previous SMC.

These square control markers all have the same BasicName--it didn't
occur to me to give them different names, they are all functionally
identical. They aren't in any palette at all, so never get drawn from
one. They are items in At-Start Stacks.

I'll pop a Report in to see if it's the Trigger that's actually firing
2+ times. I guess it would have to be.