[messages] [Module Design] Screen moving/focusing on last moved piece.

reddeblu twilightshadow0 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:12:53 MST 2012

As is said in the subject, that feature where the screen shifts towards
the last piece moved, usually by an opponent. Is there a way to disable
this?

In my module, I use a lot of invisible pieces with the intent of being
unknown, of all things. More importantly to conceal their location on
the board, however these invisible pieces have to move.

This is where I discovered a glaring problem; my board is pretty big,
and when an invisible piece owned by an opponent moves, every players
screen moves to their general location, almost as if saying hey here I
am! It completely undermines the concept of the game, and the use of the
invisible trait.

The only way I can think of to counter this is either make the board
much smaller, or zoom the game out and lock it there. However zoomed out
has its own host of problems, such as making it very difficult to see
important information on pieces. Although yes there is that whole "mouse
over piece to get a bigger view" thing, but my module is designed for
convenience, allowing players to see the state of many of their pieces
at a glance, without the need to stop and individually check each and
every last one of them (there are a lot of pieces).

So, yeah, can the screen panning to the last moved piece be disabled? Or
perhaps, is there another way of doing this without sacrificing zoomage
or board size?

In case It matters I'm running vassal 3.1.20