[messages] [Module Design] change text during game / dynamic card information

FORCEFIELDS fforceffields at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 07:26:04 MST 2013

hi i'm just starting out with VASSAL so i'm sorry if this is totally
unfeasible or has been answered before:

Can any body tell me if there is a way to edit or change text (labels?)
on cards or pieces during a game?
The module i'm creating would hopefully involve very dynamic cards that
can change name / "status" / description etc  as you play

If not does any body have any other thoughts on how to achieve this idea
of cards that can have information changed by players during a game - I
have experimented with placing micro modifier 'cards' on top of a base
card to indicate simple low level changes but haven't had much luck
understanding the layering system for vassal

If any body has any ideas I would be very appreciative - thanks