[messages] [Module General Discussion] Writing rules for GOT module - where to start?

seesomethingelse dan_churchill at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 4 05:17:17 MST 2013

Hey all,

Recently came across the GOT board game (second edition) and we love
playing it in my office at work. I'm a web developer by day and have
been toying with the idea of extending the GOT module for the Vassal
engine by adding rules to it. Whether it be rule prompts based on user
actions or enforceable rules I haven't decided.

Not too sure where to start, should I learn the ins and outs of the
Vassal engine and when it comes time should I write my own GOT module or
just use the one that's available at the moment? Are writing rules for
these board games in Vassal even achievable?