[messages] [Opponents Wanted] Struggle of Nations

danielwrg michele179 at hotmail.fr
Tue Aug 6 08:06:23 MST 2013

I don't own histwar game;
a game like struggle can be very long if each time there is a meeting,
we have to organize a sub game. But its an idea I had in the past with
"la bataille" serie, because battle rules of Zucker serie are very
basic. Its not the battle rules we have to simplify in Struggle.

for struggle of nations, I have built a cyberboard module which replace
2hex package system with one hex force, in order to be playable like
other games of the serie

Playing without AP and attrition means movement by initiative only, no
more malus for moving with big forces, no LOC to guard.
Its not very historic, or only with short battle scenarios. But i think
you goal is to transfer campaign game to battle level.
Its interessant to create battles which didn't happen with nex OOB, new
battlefield.

So, i generally play with traditional rules because command and
attrition system are the bulk of the game and I am accustomized with
attrition calculs.
I am not a fan of vedettes rules which is as for me a too complex system
in the system; When 1807 game was producted, basic fog of war rules were
enough for me with an added reconnaissance set.
I am not a fan of battle rules but after many experiences, I didn't find
something more fun and less bad.