[messages] [Opponents Wanted] Struggle of Nations

oho hoffmanns.kaarst at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:01:44 MST 2013

I will send a PM to you with my email, so we can communicate on that.
I own SoN since 20 years and never got it to play. I once started it but
it took too long for my oponent. What I like is the great map and the 2
day turns and also guarding the LOC.
If you want to play with admin, we can, but perhaps make it a little
easier.
What do you mean with "traditional rules"?
I havent played board games for a long time but its still a dream to
play SoN.
Attrition is ok for me too, although the calculations are too complex I
think.
What is a cyberboard module? I like the concept of the 2 packages. What
must be taken into account is the looong marching column when using the
double quick road factor I think. So the two-hex packages are ok imo. We
played even a 30 000 maximum per double hex package when moving on road.
These packages can be stacked to max. 60000 when in line. This is much
more realistic I think.
Without AP and attrition was only the request of my last opponent who
wanted it max simple.
I want attrition too, and LOC should be guarded too. but the initiative
calculation seems to be too complicated (with distance and iniative
value). We should have more possibilities to move and let counters move
if they have connection to headquarter.. Do you have an idea for that.
The battle dont have to be done each in HistWar (if you had it). Smaller
battles can be calculated by a simple algorithm. Big battle could be
done in 3D. But its not a must-have for me. We can also play only on SoN
map. What is the minimum complexitiy you would like to play? It should
be ok with me.