[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] I've locked myself out of a module

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Aug 12 02:42:36 MST 2013

Thus spake tassonik:
> Hello,
> I know there are a lot of posts saying not to change the password, but I
> read them when it was too late.
> The module is Labyrinth and I can regularly play from home, where I
> started the games and where I never changed the password.
> At work I deleted the password and now I'm no more able to access my
> card hand, and in one game I'm not even able to choose my side.
>
> I even tried to reload the module hoping to reset the password to
> default, but it didn't work.
>
> Any suggestions, apart from stop playing instead of working?
>
> TIA
>
> Andrea

If you're using VASSAL 3.2.8 or later, look in the prefs directory under
VASSAL's config directory. (Where this depends on your OS. The prefs
direcory will be in the same directory as the errorLog:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Error_Logs

Look there for the relevant paths.) You'll see a file in the prefs
directory with the same name as the Labyrinth module. Look inside for
your password.