[messages] [Module Design] n00b question on Mouse-over Unit ID Display

Greggy gbeining at att.net
Mon Aug 12 05:53:30 MST 2013

OK, it's been over a month and nary a peep. I've been trying to solve
this using the 'Mask' and 'Restricted Access' properties. No luck. Is my
premise incorrect? Should I be doing it using different properties? DK.

I've attached screen prints of the Mouse-over properties, the make up of
a unit prototype, basic unit and the Layer-Status for the unit. Here's
what happens (please note that I have tried to place the 'Mask' and
'Restricted Access' properties in every possible combination of
positions I could think of:

1. The Restricted Access doesn't seem to work. I still have access to
the opponents unit name(s) (instead of just a question mark) if I mouse
over their stack.
2. Every unit HAS to have 'Orders' (Layer-Orders) at all times. If I do
a mouse-over of the stack, even if I'm the owning player, the unit name
comes up as whatever the current orders for the unit happens to be. If,
however, I insert a blank level in the orders layer and have that chosen
the CORRECT unit name appears.

WTF am I doming wrong?????? I can't seem to get this one.  :cry:

Greggy