[messages] Edit: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs] SOLVED!

yangtze yangtze2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 01:48:11 MST 2013

[This message has been edited.]

Ah! I managed to solve this myself, so here's the solution for any other
Mac users upgrading to Mountain Lion that experience the same problem:

1. Download the Mandolane installer/ uninstaller from here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/attachments/rew-forum/40621d1361024044-rew-os-x-48k-vs-44-1k-mandolaneinstallv4_00.zip

2. Open the installer and follow along until you get to the screen that
allows you to customise your installation.

3. Deselect all selected options, and select the option to 'remove'
Mandolane.

4. Continue with the (de)installation normally until the installer
informs you the process is complete.

5. Enjoy Vassal :)

By the way, Mandolane is a small utility that allows earlier versions of
Java to function properly with MIDI, amongst other things. I believe
that it is not compatible with Lion or Mountain Lion, and anyway is
unnecessary with later versions of Java, and so you will not miss
anything by uninstalling it.