[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal will not run on a laptop

LED can38924-vassal at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 23 13:26:37 MST 2013

Thank you for your advice which has proved most useful.

The computer firewall is ZoneAlarm.  I was unable to persuade it to
accept Vassal, so after some experimenting, the Application Control
section of ZoneAlarm was temporarily shut off, after which Vassal ran
properly.

Vassal will never be run whilst the laptop is connected to the internet
so a temporary stop on the firewall will not be a problem.  Vassal runs
with the Windows firewall but I'm used to ZoneAlarm.

Thank you again for your help, without which I would not have been able
to run Vassal on the laptop.