[messages] [General Discussion] How to report when key used for two purposes

Tim McCarron timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 26 19:42:04 MST 2013

Use a trigger action trait
Listen for Ctrl P
Execute Ctrl R

-----Original Message-----
From: messages [mailto:messages-bounces at vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of
flashsolutions
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 8:04 PM
To: messages at vassalengine.org
Subject: [messages] [General Discussion] How to report when key used for two
purposes

I am trying to set up a prototype for a Return To Deck operation.  The key I
have assigned is CTRL R.  I also want to report to the chat window whenever
a Return to Deck operation has occured.  I added two traits to my prototype,
a report action and a return to deck trait.  If I assign the CTRL R key to
both traits, only the return to deck works and I get no report.  If I assign
a different key to the Report Action trait, such as CTRL P for instance, the
CTRL P does report to the chat window and CTRL R does return the piece to
the deck, but I need for one key to do both simultaneously.

Is there a way to do this?