[messages] [Module Design] Counting Cards left in a deck

airjudden airjudden at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 00:37:46 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this.  I am trying to determine how many cards are
left in a deck.

I searched this forum and saw this post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3921[1]

I went to my Map Window and created an At-Start Stack.

Beneath it, I told it "Add Single Piece"

>From there, I created a Text Label.  When I opened it up, I went to the
second field ("Text") and typed:
Cards Remaining = $JapanDrawDeck_numPieces$

Because the deck I am counting is called "JapanDrawDeck"

Then I went into that deck, and checked the box "Perform counting of
property expressions?"

It opened up a section title "Expressions to count"

I tried these:
numPieces
$numPieces$

And each time, I clicked "Add"

When I run the module the text box says "Cards Remaining = "

When I go back to the deck property and open it, the "Expressions to
count" is blank.  The "Perform counting of property expressions?" is
still checked, though.

I am on Windows 7 and VASSAL 3.2.2 if that helps.

Any idea what I am doing wrong or need to do?

Thanks

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3921