[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Private server on private network: possible?

lebigot eric.lebigot at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 4 01:45:44 MST 2013

I wanted to play via VASSAL between two computers with no internet
connection. In Mac OS X, I did "Create Network…" from the wifi menu,
and my partner connected to the network without any problem.

In VASSAL (version 3.2.2), I had a "Private connection - Server mode".
My partner had "Private connection - Client mode".

We did not see each other. I was expecting my machine to host a Vassal
server and my partner's machine to connect to it.

Is it at all possible to have a VASSAL games between two computers that
are not connected to the internet but are connected to each other via
wifi?