[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Missing card and counter text

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Feb 13 14:41:20 MST 2013

Thus spake gdaudin:
> Hi,
>
> Not an answer to the question, but I also have a non-Retina setup which
> is not experiencing the issue.
>
> And here is what the creator of the module (Joel Koepp) told me (in case
> it did not reach you) :
>
> "Macs with Retina displays seem to be the only systems affected by this.
> Another person I play with has experienced the same thing."
>
> Best,
>
> Guillaume

Please try this module with the most recent 3.2.3 test build:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/retina-svg-test.vmod
  http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/VASSAL-3.2.3-svn8550-macosx.dmg

The module contains one piece, a card from Virgin Queen, which can be
rotated. Try all the possible orientations of the card on a Mac with
a Retina display. Is there a way you can orient the card where the
text renders correctly?