[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Missing card and counter text

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat Feb 16 07:21:36 MST 2013

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:
> Thus spake gdaudin:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The border stays visible, but the text is not. I have tried rotating it
> > several times.
>
> So, it seems that the problem is not related to the complexity of the
> SVG. I'll have another thing for to try later today.

I've uploaded an archive containing the files for running another test:

  http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/batik-test.zip

This test doesn't involve any of our code. What this will test is
whether Batik's own SVG viewer is able to render SVG correctly on your
system.

Here's what to do:

1. Unzip the archive.
2. % cd batik-test
3. % java -jar batik-squiggle.jar test.svg

What you should see first is the splash screen for Batik's Squiggle
viewer, followed by a window containing a rendering of the same image
from the last test.

Does the test image render correctly this way?