[messages] [General Discussion] Victory Games PACIFIC WAR question

cjcrock cjkenn30 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 12:26:10 MST 2013

Hello, I just saw your question. Pacific War is a terrific game. I have
one Strategic scenario and two campaign games, all PBEM, ongoing
currently.

To your question, the command point totals are given to you in the
scenario booklet; the numbers you quoted are correct. It is only in the
two strategic scenarios that players have to roll to determine their CP
totals. What is happening in the Philippines campaign game is that it is
December 1941 and the Allies are surprised and unprepared for the
Japanese attacks. CPs represent stockpiled logistics, staff planning,
rehearsals, contingency mitigation and all that. The Japanese have
prepared for their assault while the Allies are caught flat footed.
Campaign scenario 2 is mostly about the Japanese player's race against
the clock, i.e meeting all the victory conditions before time runs out.
It isn't the most thrilling game for the Allies, it's true. As the
Allied player all you can do is hold on as best you can, keep a watchful
eye on your opponent's progress and husband your points to strike at the
crucial moment to prevent his victory. Lastly, there is the future
operations pool you can use to try to build up points for a later month.

Kind Regards,
Chris