[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Missing card and counter text

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Feb 18 03:59:26 MST 2013

Thus spake gdaudin:
> Hum... Still no cigar. But Oracle tells me that I have the right Java
> installed.
>
> typing
> % /Library/Internet\
> Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -version
> Gives me :
> java version "1.7.0_13"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)
>
> typing
> % java -version
>
> gives me the old one.
>
> I am over my head with this one, I am afraid.

This means that Java 6 is found on your PATH before Java 7. The command
'which java' will show you the path of the java binary which is found
on your path. What does it say?

I did a bit of searching and turned up this:

  http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jre.html

It seems to be saying that you can't have more than one JRE installed
at a time, but it looks like you do.