[messages] [Feature Requests] Persistent Game - Auto-invite

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Feb 19 08:23:56 MST 2013

Thus spake JackFalstaff:
> 1. Would the game auto-save when the server goes down for maintenance?

No, that's why I'm saying I doult you'd have much luck doing this.

> 2. How often does the server die? I could vigilantly save and reopen.

It's unpredictable. When I reboot the machine depends on when there are
kernel updates. But the server code is also buggy, which causes the
server process to die unexpectedly sometimes. This won't happen for weeks,
then can happen multiple times in one one day.

You're welcome to try it, but just remember that I did warn you if it
turns out to be frustrating.

> 3. Any estimate when Vassal 4 will be up? :P

No. I won't make any guesses about that until after we've released a
series of V4 tech demos.